News – Fun Facts
Okauchee Lake Management District Fun Facts
- Okauchee Lake is comprised of 1,210 acres with a maximum depth of 115 feet.
- Okauchee Lake has approximately 18 miles of shoreline.
- The Okauchee Lake Improvement Association incorporated in 1909 and later in the 1950’s became the Oconomowoc Civic Association.
- The Association collected $100 and spent it to remove stumps from the channels to protect motors.
- The Okauchee Lake Management District was formed in 1975.
- Okauchee Lake is fed by and drains to the Oconomowoc River. It is the third in a chain of lakes on the river with Freiss Lake and North Lake upstream and Oconomowoc Lake, Fowler Lake and Lac La Belle located downstream.
- In 1924 there were only two speed boats on the lake.
- A mail boat was put into operation on the lake in 1910 and ran until the 1950’s.